paralysed by anxiety

I'm really struggling over the last week because Ramadan ended and eid came along and everything was unpredictable.  Routines need to revert back to pre Ramadan routine and that's always a struggle as well as dealing with the micro changes. 

At this point my parents, whom I live with, decided to have some plastering done in my daughters bedroom so all her things are in my Mum's room and she has moved to the front room in the house. 

She asked about a million questions about it all, when was he coming, when will he finish, when will it dry, will she have a new carpet, when will it be painted.  Which rooms will he go in and how and where will he mix his plaster?  

I'm totally exhausted the anxiety of the building work and dealing with unpredictable tradesmen has just wiped me out.  He is doing the bathroom too so sink has been removed I need to find my tooth brush from the stuff moved to my mums room. 

I figured I will never redecorate ever again.  The decorating bit is fine it's when you get plastering done. My own room was fine because the guy who plastered it did it in bits and that was some how manageable because things happened slowly. The noise they make and the mess has set off all my sensory anxieties.  Things being in different places and not being able to find anything.  It builds up when I think about it then I have to take deep breaths. I'm trying to remember that things will go back to normal soon and this was unavoidable as the room has been a mess since my sister moved out five years ago.  We have avoided it this long but feel like now it couldn't be avoided any longer. 

I'm still wiped out and I think most of it has been caused by the tradesman who seems unpredictable.  The last guy we had was quite calm and dealing with him was much better.  So I think you really need yo be weary of the nature of people before employing them to fo a job.  Today he hasn't turned up and has left his tools here.  So god knows if he is coming back.  I'm Kind of hope not as he has finished my daughters room.  I'd rather live with the bathroom then deal with him again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muslim on the spectrum

Master of all trades